What Is Available If You Are from Another State?
Remember there are three major sources of financial aid: (1) the federal government, (2) state government and (3) educational institutions, although many businesses, labor organizations, foundations, religious organizations, and community organizations also offer financial assistance. If you move to California and establish residency, you would be eligible for California resident educational financial aid opportunities. The third major source of financial aid listed above should not be overlooked and could yield large resources for the teacher candidate.
The resources listed below are from the United States of America federal government and are available to any U.S. residents depending on specific eligibility requirements.
- Aid for Military Families - College and Career
- Federal Direct PLUS Loans (Graduate and Professional Degree Students)
- Federal Direct PLUS Loans (Parent loans)
- Federal Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loan
- Federal Pell Grants
- Federal Perkins Loan Program
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant
- Housing and Urban Development - Good Neighbor Next Door Sales Program
- Knowles Science Teaching Fellowships
- National Science and Mathematics Access to Retain Talent (SMART) Grant
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant
- Teacher.org's Inspire Our Future Scholarship!
- Troops to Teachers