TEACH California banner image for Print

Credential/License from Another Country

If you have completed a teacher preparation program outside the United States, you are eligible for a preliminary credential if you meet the following requirements:

Individuals who have completed their professional preparation program outside of the United States may  apply directlyIcon indicating a URL to an external Web site to the Commission on Teacher Credentialing for their Preliminary Credential.

Here is additional information for each type of teacher:

If you are interested in:

Important Note: While bilingual abilities are beneficial, the ability to read, write, speak and understand English is required. You must be legally eligible to work in the United States. (This means that you must be a: U.S. citizen, or a legal resident with a Social Security Number or an Individual Tax Identification Number).